Our office will do everything it can to provide you with the best service possible.
Should you nevertheless be dissatisfied with an aspect of our services, please present your objections to the lawyer in question first.
Together with you we will discuss the matter and try to find a solution to the problem as quickly as possible. This solution will always be confirmed to you in writing. Should you not be satisfied with the way the complaint has been handled, you can present the complaint to the complaints officer in writing. The complaints procedure of Van Rossenberg Advocaten is set out below.
Article 1 definitions
In this complaints procedure, the following terms are defined as follows:
– complaint: every written communication of dissatisfaction from or on behalf of the client with regard to the lawyer or
the persons working under his/her responsibility regarding the concluding and performance of
an engagement agreement, the quality of the services or the amount of the
bill, not being a complaint as referred to in paragraph 4 of the Dutch Act on Advocates;
– complainant: the client or his/her representative who lodges a complaint;
– complaints officer: the lawyer in charge of handling the complaint;
Article 2 scope
1. This complaints procedure applies to every engagement agreement between
Van Rossenberg Advocaten and the client.
2. Every lawyer at Van Rossenberg Advocaten will ensure that complaints are dealt with in conformity with the complaints procedure.
Article 3 objectives
The objectives of this complaints procedure are:
a. to establish a procedure to deal with client complaints within a reasonable period of time
in a constructive manner;
b. to establish a procedure to determine the causes of client complaints;
c. to maintain and improve existing relationships by means of the proper handling of complaints;
d. to train staff to respond to complaints in a client-oriented manner;
e. to improve the quality of the services with the help of complaint handling and
Article 4 information at the start of the service
1. This complaints procedure has been published on the website. Before entering into the engagement agreement the lawyer will inform the client that the firm has a company complaints procedure and that this procedure applies to the service.
Article 5 internal complaints procedure
1. If a client contacts the office with a complaint, the complaint will be forwarded to
W.M. van Rossenberg who will act as complaints officer. If the complaint is directed against W.M. van Rossenberg, the complainant can contact A.D. Huisman as substitute complaints officer.
2. The complaints officer will inform the person who is the subject of the complaint of the lodging of the complaint and will give the complainant and the person who is the subject of the complaint the opportunity to explain the complaint.
3. The person who is the subject of the complaint will try together with the client to reach a solution, which may include the involvement of the complaints officer.
4. The complaints officer will wind up the complaint within four weeks after receipt of the complaint or, stating the reasons therefor, will inform the complainant about deviation from this time period,
stating the time period within which a decision will be made regarding the complaint.
5. The complaints officer will inform the complainant and the person who is the subject of the complaint in writing
of the decision on the validity of the complaint, which may or may not be accompanied by recommendations.
6. If the complaint is wound up satisfactorily, the complainant, the complaints officer and the person who is the subject of the complaint, will sign the decision on the validity of the complaint.
Article 6 confidentiality and no-cost complaints procedure
1. The complaints officer and the person who is the subject of the complaint are
subject to a duty of confidentiality in respect of the handling of the complaint.
2. The complainant will not be charged for the costs of handling the complaint.
Article 7 responsibilities
1. The complaints officer is responsible for the timely handling of the complaint.
2. The person who is the subject of the complaint will keep the complaints officer abreast of any contact and a possible solution.
3. The complaints officer will keep the complainant abreast of the handling of the complaint.
4. The complaints officer will maintain the complaints file.
Article 8 complaints registration
1. The complaints officer will record the complaint, along with the subject-matter of the complaint.
2. A complaint can be divided into several subject-matters.